With an undergraduate degree in psychology, you will be prepared for a variety of careers. Potential careers for psychology majors include:
- social and health programs such as early-child, geriatric, or mental health care
- various business domains such as management, marketing, or finance
- various research capacities such as grant writing, data analysis, or laboratory assistance.
Many undergraduate psychology majors go on to receive master’s or doctoral degrees to increase their career opportunities. The Master of Science degree in General Psychology from UL Lafayette is intended to help students become competitive for admission to doctoral-level training programs in both applied (e.g., clinical, counseling) and experimental (e.g., cognitive, developmental) fields of study in psychology.
Advanced career opportunities requiring graduate work included positions such as:
- licensed mental health service provider
- university faculty member
- industrial/organizational consultant