In the Department of Psychology at UL Lafayette, we are devoted to advancing the science of human nature and behavior through rigorous research, strong teaching, and charitable community service.
Psychology is one of the largest and most popular majors at the University. We have approximately 600 undergraduate majors and 40 graduate students in the department.
We are proud of:
Exceptional Faculty and Staff
- A team of faculty and staff members dedicated to supporting students and helping them attain their academic and career goals.
- Faculty members actively involving undergraduate and graduate students in vibrant multidisciplinary research that has been acknowledged by scholarly communities at the regional, national, and international levels.
- A team of graduate teaching assistants committed to assisting faculty and staff in the operations of the program, teaching introductory courses, holding office hours to assist undergraduate students, training undergraduate researchers in research labs.
- A rigorous master’s-level graduate program that helps graduate students build a solid foundation in psychological research required for pursuit of doctoral degrees.
- A strong undergraduate program that provides undergraduate students a profound understanding in the scientific nature of human behavior.
- A number of large, multipurpose computer-based laboratories facilitating electronic data collection.
- A computer lounge equipped with computers and printers exclusively for graduate student use.
- An applied laboratory conducting research in basic therapeutic technique.
- A fully equipped laboratory for biochemical and behavioral assessment in animals.
- Audio-video recording and coding systems that allow for research in interpersonal dynamics at a fined-grained level.
We always welcome questions about academic programs and would love for you to visit us on your next campus tour! Feel free to contact us to talk to our department or set up a visit during your next campus tour.